Here is the review for the 2nd major exam, over descriptive statistics. The exam is scheduled for Th/F, September 20/21.
Today was a practice day for the descriptive statistics unit. Here is the homework:
- Homework #11: Worksheet 2.5 (HW #11) - Descriptive Stat Practice (due Tu/W, Sept 18/19) SKIP #7!!!.
Also, the test reviews will be distributed in class next time, but if you want it early, here it is:
- Review Unit II (due Th/F, Sept 20/21) [answers will be posted next time]
Here are the slides from class covering scaling, shifting, combinations of variables, and relative cumulative frequency graphs:
- Powerpoint [WEB] 2.4 - Scaling, Shifting, and Combining Variables
- Practice Worksheet: Cumulative Relative Frequency Graphs
- Here are tonight's HW problems (HW #10), in case you don't have access to your textbook at the moment...
(Also, if you wish to get an early start on NEXT TIME's homework, here it is: Worksheet 2.5 (HW #11) - Descriptive Stat Practice)
Here are the slides from M/Tu, Sept 10/11, over boxplots, outliers, IQR, mean vs median, and standard deviation.
- Powerpoint [WEB] 2.3 - Boxplots, Standard Deviation, Mean vs Median (alternately, you can read chapter 5 in the text)
Here are the slides for the lesson on numerical (quantitative) data:
- Powerpoint - Numerical Data (Chapter 4 in the Text)
Tonight's HW is out of the textbook (as will be the case for most of the year). Textbook problem sets are posted here (log in with your school Google account). As a reminder, you can check the class calendar for the list of assigned problems.